Barbara Stanwyck

If you haven’t grabbed it yet, the new weekly schedule can be found by clicking to see Full Story & Pictures and then the following link; ShowSchedules

The most polarizing week of the year begins again. Yes indeed folks this is Christmas In July Week. Once again though in an attempt to appease the anti-C.I.J. folks there is a healthy mix of regular programming airing this week as well. Among the highlights – birthday tributes for Barbara Stanwyck (Lux Radio Theater’s “So Big!”); Harriet Nelson (Ozzie & Harriet, Red Skelton Show, Suspense); Natalie Wood (Family Theater): James Cagney (Screen Guild Players, Suspense); Ginger Rogers (Lux Radio Theater’s “Stage Door”); Sonny Tufts (Suspense); announcer William Woodson’s 96th (This is Your FBI) and the big one this week – Red Skelton’s Centennial!

As to the Christmas In July offerings, it includes some new to the channel episodes from The Great Gildersleeve, Candy Matson, Bergen & McCarthy and lots of episodes that have not aired on for years. Highlights include Ronald Colman in A Christmas Carol; The Yours Truly Johnny Dollar holiday storyline – The Nick Shurn Matter; two different versions of the murderous tale – Back For Christmas; Bing Crosby and Ella Fitzgerald singing Christmas carols and much more.

Greg.

Click On Pictures For Bigger Images

15 Responses to “July 14th to July 20th 2013 RadioClassics Show Schedules”

1. Tracib says:

I know that Christmas in July is polarizing, Greg….but I love the way you have done it this year, with holiday offerings intermixed with non-holiday fare. A nice mix and keeps it interesting. For the record, you ROCK!

In my opinion Channel 80 is a Cowboy channel. Regardless of the content, how many more talk show channels do we need?? Who can listen to talk all day long anyway without going insane?? It even seems like it is misplaced in the lineup as if it was just thrown in on a whim. I liked Twilight Zone and Celestial Navigation on Book Radio. Since Sirius/XM merged there were many good channels deleted. The new ones that keep being added are useless (like more of the same stuff). Instead of deleting, why can’t they just add another channel. There are many blank slots. Instead of trying to keep customers, they will lose listeners. Poor management. Makes me wonder if Radio Classics will stay. Maybe it will be replaced with Honey Boo Boo.

Lana,

Two things; first and foremost RadioClassics is fine and not likely to be going anywhere. Secondly, this is not the forum for complaining about channels other than RadioClassics. This is my personal blog, not Sirius XM’s. Thanks. Greg

• Cora says:

Sorry to offend anyone. Letting off steam, since the suits never responded. Forgive please?

• Cora says:

Agree with all you said.

3. Will says:

Does anyone else have trouble understanding what Candy Mathson is saying?

• Cora says:

Yes. One the latest episode I remarked that she sounds down in a well with a mouth full of marbles.

Most of you know by now that Book Radio has been deleted from the Sirius/XM lineup. I am upset about the change because Book Radio was informative to people who liked to read. You were able to hear the author, find out how they got the ideas for their books, and learn what is coming in print.

If you are wondering why I am talking about this in the blog, it is because I wonder if Radio Classics will be next to get the axe.

• Cora says:

Oh, Lana. I agree with you. Am terrified that they will mess up Radio Classics on another whim. While I have nothing against Farm Radio, I am sure there are other stations on terrestrial radio that cover this topic, but there is Nothing like Book Radio. It was my “go-to” channel for Harry Nile and Celestial Navigations. I have been very vocal about it with others on the website to no avail. Glad for the support. Keep cool.

5. Cora says:

Glad there is a compromise this July with a mix. I no longer will have Book Radio when I hear a Christmas episode that is stale from being overplayed, at least, to me.

• Will says:

I agree. I like CIJ but it seems like I have heard most of them so only having about 50% Christmas shows seems to work great. I did hear a few new Christmas shows this week too.

Yup. Nearly every Christmas themed show this year is either new to the channel or has not aired in either July or December for a couple of years at least.

6. Della16 says:

I love the Chrisstmas in July programs. It seems to cool things down while it is on.

7. wmy890 says:

CIJ is the best. Everyone will have a smile remembering things past. Enjoy just for one moment.

Here we are again, Christmas in July I can’t wait to see what Greg has up his chimney for us this year. I know there are people who don’t like this week and those who do. For once let’s get in the Christmas spirit HO HO HO