Jack Benny

If you haven’t grabbed it yet, the new weekly schedule can be found by clicking to see Full Story & Pictures and then the following link;  ShowSchedules

Jack Benny’s Birthday & Valentine’s Day highlight a packed week of specials. Both of those events are celebrated on the same day, February 14th. We also will mark the birthdays of the following folks, among others: Abraham Lincoln, Edgar Bergen, Joseph Kearns, Marylee Robb (Marjorie On The Great Gildersleeve) and Chester Morris (Boston Blackie).

We also celebrate some series anniversaries led by Superman (73rd) and Yours Truly, Johnny Dollar (64th).

And for the second year in a row we have the special George “Valentine’s Day” with new to the channel episodes of Let George Do It featuring Bob Bailey as private detective, George Valentine.

Additional new to the channel offerings from Nightbeat, Pursuit, Jack Benny, Frontier Fighters, Charlie McCarthy, The Saint, Gunsmoke, The Great Gildersleeve and more.

By the way, this year’s two-hour Jack Benny Birthday Celebration features four new to the channel episodes and they are all first rate!

Finally, we are just a few months away and the cabins are limited, so if you are interested in joining me for the Radio Spirits Old-Time Radio Cruise planned for June 22nd-27th 2013 – visit the website at  www.cruisingwithgregbell.com/ or call Larry at 800-269-2127   Lots of great activities planned, you can some of those by clicking HERE

7 Responses to “Feb. 10th to Feb. 16th 2013 RadioClassics Show Schedules”

1. SharonDee says:

I have been looking forward to Jack Benny week for months. I can’t get enough of that guy!

On the unintentionally funny side, I just heard the Frontier Fighters episode about Cochise. “ko-HEEZ-ee” LOL

2. tonyh says:

Jack Benny, One of my all time favorite comics. Happy Birthday Jack….

3. Will says:

Happy Birthday Jack Benny

A line that has me on the floor laughing

Diamond: Not Sergeant Otis?
    Levinson: He’s not a dumb as he looks. Nobody could be and live….

Hi Cora. That is very, very sweet of you that I am in your thoughts. I wish you a Happy Valentines Day also. I am still having some rough moments. I am mostly just sad that my mother is not a part of my life any longer.

I have been enjoying the radio shows especially Dr. Kildare (even though they are reruns). The CBS radio workshop is interesting. Some of the shows I have heard so far remind me of the Twilight Zone and some are just plain interesting. I hope Greg can sneak an episode in every week. Hopefully, things in my life will slow down so that I can write more often. I do agree with Bill when he said a couple of weeks ago that the God said man said thing has got to go. It is very annoying.
    Happy Valentines Day to all.

• Cora says:

I guess when we think about it, all the shows are reruns. Each time I bring away something new that I previously missed, so it is all good. Please rejoice in the memories that no one can ever take from you. It sounds like a wonderful relationship with your mother. Many cannot have these comforting memories. It is a beautiful thing. My own mother had her moments. Hope you are not going it alone. Have a brother who tries to help with all the legalese in settling an estate.

6. Cora says:

Sweet Lana. Sending you a valentine and positive thoughts. Looking forward to the new Jack Benny episodes. Hope they cheer you.