Gracie Allen

If you haven’t grabbed it yet, the schedule is ready, just click to see Full Story & Pictures and then this link; ShowSchedules

Taking A Cruise, Wanna Join Me?  Next June we are going to try something different – A classic radio cruise to Bermuda – It departs the New York City area (Cape Liberty, NJ) on June 22nd, 2013 and includes a couple of days at sea and a couple days in Bermuda.

It will feature old-time radio show discussions, trivia contests, and re-creations of radio plays live on stage. Ones you can participate in if you like, with microphones, scripts and live sound effects.  To learn more about joining me on the cruise next June check out the special website http://www.cruisingwithgregbell.com/ or contact Larry Schwartz at800-269-2127 Ext 2

This week contains birthday tributes for Jackson Beck – his 100th (Philo Vance); Gracie Allen; Joe E. Brown (Lux Radio Theater’s Alibi Ike); author Aldous Huxley (Brave New World); Harold Peary (The Great Gildersleeve); Stacy Harris (This Is Your FBI); Blake Edwards (The Line-up, Richard Diamond) and more.

We also have the return of Romance Of The Ranchos; Norman Corwin’s “The Odyssey Of Runyon Jones”; The story of Civil War photographer Matthew Brady starring Richard Crenna; A Yours Truly, Johnny Dollar Marathon and more.

Yes folks, RadioClassics Channel 82 is online now as part of the Sirius XM internet service (and available on the Sirius XM Phone App)!

Also check out my Facebook page where we do hourly updates of the satellite radio channel schedule.

10 Responses to “July 22nd to July 28th 2012 RadioClassics Show Schedules”

Hey Cora,
    Thanks for checking things out on the other side. It looks like there is more activity there. Of course things always come to life during CIJ. Maybe you need to put a printer on your Xmas wish list. (lol)

2. Cora says:

Lana, Bill; FYI. Looks like about 4 to 5 comments a day on the Greg Bell facebook page. I have only looked back to the past 3 days.

Hi Cora. It is good to know that you are always here. Since you can visit both sites, are there more weekly postings there than here?

Bill, I hope you had a good Xmas.

Anyone considering the classic radio cruise for next year?

Bill and his wife gotta come with me on the cruise, right Bill? I might be able to create a golf outing once we get to Bermuda! Greg

• Cora says:

Hi Lana. I visited the facebook page and yes, there are many more comments. Names that I do not recognize from here. I have only looked twice. Last week things were jumping over there too. As the discussion about CIJ took over. Seems to have slowed now but I have no past history to compare the comments with facebook. I will sleuth it as I get more familiar with the site. As I said, only joined to follow my son. The nice thing is that the 2 hour blocks are printed on left hand side. I do not have a printer, son took it.

One of my X Minus 1 episodes is playing this week. The Reluctant Hero. A very realistic story for it’s time.

I agree Lana, I wish we coulld all see the comments from both sites. Not being a Facebook user I have no idea how many Blogs get posted there. Maybe I’ll ask my son to go on the Radio Classics web page there so he can inform me.

I also was wondering what a “Mary Sue” is… Now that CIJ has left us for this year, will all of you bloggers leave too? I wonder if the Facebook fans visit this blog. It is too bad that the comments from both can be seen.

Gracie Allen looks so serious in this weeks photos. But when I look at it, it is almost like she is faking the serious look to hide her lunacy (lol).

• Cora says:

I am always here> I just dont jump in unless the mischief-makers wind me up. I too miss the bloggers who have left us for facebook. I finally joined it but only to sleuth my son who has since moved out on his own. Forgive me but he is my youngest and always makes me smile.