Natalie Wood (Miracle On 34th Street)

If you haven’t grabbed it yet, the schedule is ready, just click to see Full Story & Pictures and then this link; ShowSchedules

Much of this week will be spent celebrating our 10th annual Christmas In July. A tradition that beginning a decade ago featuring Christmas old-time radio programs providing a much need cooling breeze in the heat of the summer. This year there is some regular programming mixed in.

Highlights include radio versions of “It’s A Wonderful Life” and “Miracle on 34th Street” plus creative versions of Charles Dickens’ A Christmas Carol (Western style on The Six Shooter and a private detective spin on Richard Diamond)

Among the non-Christmas programming we have Orson Welles in the Mercury Theater On The Air’s presentation, “Hell On Ice”; new to the channel episodes from The Whistler, Gunsmoke, Fort Laramie, The Weird Circle and more. Plus birthday week tributes for Natalie Wood, James Cagney and Harriet Hilliard (Ozzie & Harriet).

Yes folks, RadioClassics Channel 82 is online now as part of the Sirius XM internet service (and available on the Sirius XM Phone App)!

Also check out my Facebook page where we do hourly updates of the satellite radio channel schedule.

12 Responses to “July 15th to July 21st 2012 RadioClassics Show Schedules”

1. SharonDee says:

FWIW, I don’t mind being called a Scrooge (orthodox). I’m an Ebenezer in December, too. I’m also happy with a few non-xmas stuff sprinkled in; it’s much better than all-xmas, all week.

CIJ gives me a chance to check out the programs on offer at other stations. I tend to listen exclusively to Radio Classics and this gives me a chance to expand my Sirius/XM horizons.

Gosh, what a Mary Sue I’m turning into. ;-)

Good to hear from you Margo. It has been a long time. One good thing about CIJ is that it brings the listeners back to the blog. I have no opinion about CIJ since we still have a variety to choose from. Yet, I will agree that these shows are limited which means that I have previously heard these shows and will again in December.

3. Cora says:

Thanks, Greg, for the compromise and variety this year. It will keep the holiday episodes from becoming stale, as I cant think that there are very many of them.

• Will says:

I agree. I like CIJ but there don’t seem to be enough programs for both July and December without repeats.

• MargoLane says:

Yes, Cora, there was a compromise…..just.

There are twice as many CIJ programs so it’s not a fair split.

And on top of that, the regular programming has been dubbed the “scrooge” blocks. Sneering at listeners that don’t appreciate CIJ is out of line. It doesn’t mean they don’t like Christmas, it just means they like Christmas at it’s proper time, and only once a year so that the enjoyment of the season hasn’t been diluted.

I vote for Halloween in April with a full 75% of the programming being the spooky stuff. Then we could have Cowboy’s in June, Detectives in February, and so on and so on.

4. DaHermit says:

Greg, you’ve probably been asked this about a thousand times in the past few months, so here’s one thousand and one! With the new supplier on board will we be hearing the Lone Ranger & Sgt. Preston anytime soon? Was there a copyright problem with these shows? A couple of years ago Disney was planning a Lone Ranger movie with Johnny Depp as Tonto. With respects to Mr. Depp, thank God that fell through. With Disney producing the movie, the Lone Ranger likely would have been a polar opposite of the original one.

All I can say is WOW to Bill. I did not of anyone who ever celebrated CIJ, so Merry Christmas Bill. I hope you get whatever is on your Xmas list. Do you invite your neighbors?