Doris Singleton

If you haven’t grabbed it yet, the schedule is ready, just click to see Full Story & Pictures and then this link; ShowSchedules

Yes folks, RadioClassics Channel 82 is online now as part of the Sirius XM internet service (and available on the Sirius XM Phone App)!

Also check out my Facebook page where we do hourly updates of the satellite radio channel schedule.

Two big specials airing this week;

First of all we have a tribute for Doris Singleton (She was Caroline Appleby on I Love Lucy, but also a major radio actress). She passed way on June 26th at age 92. We’ll have her in back to back episodes of The Whistler (All Damage Covered & Letters From Aaron Burr) and then she plays girlfriend Betty on The Alan Young Show. It debuts on Monday (July 9th) at 8am ET and again at 10pm ET.

Also we are marking the 62 anniversary of the debut of the series, Tales Of The Texas Rangers. The two-hour special features three episodes from the program starring Joel McCrea as well as an interview conducted at the Texas Ranger Hall Of Fame in Waco, TX. It begins on Sunday (July 8th) at 4pm ET then replays on Wednesday (July 11th) at 2pm ET and Saturday (July 14th) at 8pm ET.

We also mark show debut anniversaries for The Stan Freberg Show; Adventures Of Sam Spade; Jeff Regan, Investigator and The Man Called X.

Also some birthday tributes for Milton Berle; Philips H. Lord (Gangbusters creator); Graham McNamee (Behind The Mike); Glen Langan (Mystery Is My Hobby) and others.

Once again I will be attending The Mid-Atlantic Nostalgia Convention held in the Baltimore Maryland area at the Hunt Valley Inn from August 9th through the 11th. I will be there on Friday August 10th and Saturday August 11th 2012. If you are in the area stop on by and say hello. This year’s celebrity guests including Shirley Jones (The Partridge Family, The Music Man, Oklahoma…), James Darren (Gidget movies), Ron Ely (Tarzan), Sherry Jackson (Make Room For Daddy) plus Jay North and Jeanne Russell (Dennis and Margaret from TV’s Dennis The Menace)  You can learn more about the event at the following link http://midatlanticnostalgiaconvention.com/

12 Responses to “July 8th to July 14th 2012 RadioClassics Show Schedules”

1. mm3125 says:

I enjoyed the Gunsmoke episode about the James brothers. It ranks right up there with that hysterical Frontier Gentlemen one about the peacocks!

2. Gunrunner says:

I just listened to the Suspence episode about the radio DJ that spends the night in a haunted house. I must say that it was very enjoyable! I’ve never heard it before and I found it really entertaining. I listen to Radio Classics about 10 hours a day and I would find it difficult to make it through my day without it. Thanks Greg! Keep up the good work.

3. mandymarie20 says:

I really enjoyed hearing the interview about the Texas Rangers this week. It enriches my appreciation of the series.

Thanks for the Doris Singleton tribute. She was definitely a radio great. It’s really depressing and seems like they are dropping like flies around us. Not enough time to thank them for their contributions.

I have a new piece up on my radio blog about how radio shows are scored that I found in an article about Wilbur Hatch, who created the Whistler theme http://otrgeneration.blogspot.com/2012/07/how-is-radio-program-scored.html

I also am looking forward to CIJ. My family over the last 5 years look forward to it also. On Saturday of that week we give out Christmas presents to each other and put up Christmas lights in the backyard. I don’t know about anybody else, but I feel real good after we have our barbeque and while listening to old time radio we give each other gifts. Merry Christmas in July everybody.

Christmas is coming. That is…. Christmas in July, the most controversial time of the year amongst the Old Time Radio fans of XM82. Maybe that will spark more people to comment to the blog. I cannot believe that we would lose so many people to Facebook.

It is too bad that most of the comments we have had in previous years here have been so personally negative.

I love talking about the old time technology and ‘genius’ behind these shows regardless of the themes or ‘political correctness’ of the content.

CIJ will come and go. Some will like it and some won’t. Hopefully the personal attacks and negativity will be minimized this year since we are all another year older. Yes I know we are not the negative ones….

I do not ‘do’ Facebook so I have no clue what is happening there.

• Robin says:

I agree! CIJ isn’t among my favorites, but I can certainly survive ONE WEEK of it without attacking anyone! And I, too, do not “do” Facebook. This is where I turn to see what’s up with Radio Classics. Keep up the good work, Greg!

• thor238 says:

Definitely enjoy CIJ, but even if I didn’t I could handle it for a week. Looking forward to some of the old favorites, with a few newnies thrown in.

• Bill says:

Is that why there are fewer comments here because of Facebook. I also do not do Facebook although my young adult children say I should join. I connect with my friends and family via email and phone calls. I don’t need a website to do this. I hope this blog page doesn’t get taken away from us because of low attendance but fear that may be the case. Other sites where last year you could leave a comment are now Facebook only. Does anyone know how busy the Facebook blog site is?

This is the 2nd time in a Month that I have heard a character that was named Harry Potter. This week on an episode of The Six Shooter and a few weeks ago on an episode of The Chase. When I first heard the name Harry Potter it was from the wonderful series of books. I found it an odd name but after the last month I guess it’s more common then I thought, LOL.
    And on another note haveing nothing to do with Old Time Radio last Friday I went to Yankee Stadium to see Rodger Waters preform The Wall album. Let me tell you it was THE GREATEST live proformance of any event I have ever attended in my Life. If you get a chance to see this show DO SO. you will not regret it.

I just went through his movie list…WOW! What a career!

I must admit Willard still gets to me….

A sad day today. Ernie Borgnine past away. What a down to earth actor he was. R.I.P Quinton McHale.