Harry Morgan

If you haven’t grabbed it yet, the schedule is ready, just click to see Full Story & Pictures and then this link; ShowSchedules

If you are a Facebook user and would like hourly updates of what is running on Sirius XM 82 you can join the new page located at

Yes folks, RadioClassics Channel 82 is online now as part of the Sirius XM internet service (and available on the Sirius XM Phone App)!

Hope all of you interested have been able to get the online service up and running. It not only makes listening much more convenient but offers up a total number of listeners which is important to help prove how popular RadioClassics really is.

Before I detail the shows this week I wanted to mention that a friend of mine author Bill Fitzhugh has a new book out and it is wonderful. The wife and I both just finished it, and like all of his works, it is hilarious. No money changing hands, and no obligation on your part, but just wanted to let you know. It is called The Exterminators and is a sequel to his debut novel Pest Control (a decade or so and 7 books later!)

Okay on to radio!

More clarification about When Radio Was, yes the format is different and not always the best fit for the satellite radio channel, but remember, it is designed for the regular radio stations it plays on (about 200 across the U.S. and Canada). So the commercials air differently and some serialized programs are spread out over multiple weeks. Yes, the Friday Johnny Dollar serial is just one installment at at time, but I promise you I will continue to also play Yours Truly, Johnny Dollar five-part marathons nearly every week.

Let’s celebrate the much bigger picture; we have the channel online now and on your smart phones, plus lots of “new” content is being added.

This week we have a Superman Marathon, a two-hour presentation of a August 1946 storyline; A Yours Truly, Johnny Dollar Marathon; A two-hour Fibber McGee & Molly block; Lux Radio’s version of “The Treasure Of the Sierra Madre” followed by Jack Benny’s parody of that same picture; new to the channel this week Easter episodes from The Life Of Riley and Phil Harris & Alice Faye; and birthday week tributes for the following among others:

Harry Morgan (Mystery In The Air); John Gielgud (Sherlock Holmes); Hans Conried (The Whistler, My Friend Irma, Life Of Riley, Gunsmoke); announcer Larry Keating (This Is Your FBI) and Paul McGrath (Inner Sanctum Mysteries)

11 Responses to “April 8th to April 14th 2012 RadioClassics Show Schedule”

Seems like you need smarter engineers. It should not take months to solve a problem. I know.

This problem happened last week and this week, so I repeat kindly, coincidence??

• Maineiac says:

Have to agree with you there, Lana. In this day and age, there are NO coincidences, especially of this kind.

Here is a thought for you.. . We never had issues with program malfunctions until
    When Radio Was started.
    Coincidence ?????

It is probably a sync issue. Somewhere a clock timer is off. It has happened before and before ‘When Radio Was’ was ever put on the air.

• Will says:

Well it seems to happen more often now. It was seldom before but now it is everyday. The end of some programs are missed but also the commercials cut off early

I record everything after midnight and stop at 6am. I usually will be 4-5 days behind in listening.

I find out here first there was an issue.

It will probably take some engineer (I am one…so I know) months to find something simple. It’s like the IT guy who plugged a server blade into an electrical outlet that was controlled by a wall switch. It took a few days to figure out why the server shutdown after he went home but was working when he came in at 8am…..

Any idea what is happening Greg?

When did it go bad and when did it straighten out?

15 hours of commuting and then air travel….I need these shows…..

4. Gunrunner says:

I guess that answers that question. At 4 o’clock they cut off the end of Abbott and Costello and completely skipped Judy Canova..,

5. Eric R says:

Heading out to work and the schedule is running 42 minutes behind. 12:42am and the midnight shows just started. What causes this? Oh well, at least it’s on. I love these old shows!

6. pimary15 says:

Just so happy you are now on the internet…. Wow…. wonderful….. take care and just keep up the good work of playing the best of the best ……radio shows… sincerely Mary lou