Joan Crawford

If you haven’t grabbed it yet, the schedule is ready, just click to see Full Story & Pictures and then this link; ShowSchedules

If you are a Facebook user and would like hourly updates of what is running on Sirius XM 82 you can join the new page located at

Here is what’s featured this week;

Birthday week tributes for Joan Crawford (Suspense – Three Lethal Words); Ozzie Nelson; Paula Winslowe (Peg on Life Of Riley); Ross Martin (American Gallery); Kermit Murdock (The Chase); Jack Kruschen (Sgt. Muggavan on Broadway Is My Beat, Dragnet, Escape); Edward Everett Horton; composer Rex Koury (Gunsmoke) and announcer Art Gilmore (including some of my interview with his nephew, Robb Weller).

More new to the channel stuff from The Saint, Gunsmoke, Fort Laramie, Bergen & McCarthy, The Whistler, Frontier Fighters, Nick Carter, Suspense and more.

Lots of great stuff coming up soon for the channel, stay tuned for that. When I can, I will share with you all the details.

8 Responses to “March 18th to March 24th, 2012 RadioClassics Show Schedule”

The schedule for next week has When Radio Was. Can you explain in next week’s blog, what is different about them and why they are only running at the noon hour?

I also wonder, is there a way to bring over the Facebook messages into this blog? Wouldn’t that save the trouble of answering questions on both sites?

The channel’s content provider Radio Spirits has added When Radio Was to the channel. It’s the “regular” radio version of what I do on Radio Classics It will run M-F at Noon ET Saturday at 8am ET and Sunday at 6pm ET. http://www.whenradiowas.com Greg

2. Cora says:

Does anyone else think that Amanda Blake sounds exactly like Georgia Ellis in the Miss Kitty role on Gunsmoke? Wondering if this was the reason A B was cast in the TV show.

3. krb104 says:

Greg,

I’m a great fan of the actress Jean Arthur. Any chance you could air some of her work? (or at least plan for an October birthday tribute?)

Love the show –

karen

4. SharonDee says:

Wow, I’m just now seeing faces for some of these names and I’m amazed to recognize them. Like Jack Kruschen: I’ve seen him in lots of stuff so now I have a face whenever I hear his name. And Edward Everett Horton: Really? I keep seeing him as Fred Astaire’s sidekick in movies. Ross Martin is another one; I saw him on TV all the time. This is fun!

I can’t wait to see what’s coming up for the channel. “When I can, I will share with you all the details.” What a teaser, Greg! :-)

Once again I was captivated by the true Suspense play last week, “The Missing Person”. I believe that the case was solved before the story aired, otherwise they would have used the people’s real names so that they could have help in finding the missing man. It would be really sad to know that the man was never found. Anyone agree or disagree?