Norman Corwin & James Stewart "We Hold These Truths"

If you are a Facebook user and would like hourly updates of what is running on Sirius XM 82 you can join the new page located at

The highlight this week is the 70th Anniversary Of The Attack On Pearl Harbor, Hawaii (December 7th, 1941). I have two different two-hour special airing to pay tribute to the event. While they debut in the regular rotation on Sunday; the main broadcast occurs at 8pm ET (7pm CT, 6pm MT, 5pm PT) on Wednesday, December 7th and continues for four straight hours. I will bring back Norman Corwin’s “We Hold These Truths – Day Of Infamy” special and Lux Radio Theater’s radio version of “The War Against Mrs. Hadley”, and also feature Corwin’s script “Between Americans” hosted by Orson Welles and debut a new to the channel Corwin series – One World Flight which chronicled his 1946 around-the-world trip. In the final half-hour of each two-hour block, you’ll hear some new interviews I conducted with radio actor, Cliff Carpenter and writer/director Michael Kacey as they remembered Corwin (He died back in October at age 101.)

We also have a number of high profile birthday week tributes including Kirk Douglas (He is 95 on the 9th!); Arch Oboler (Lights Out); Agnes Moorehead (Suspense, The Shadow); producer/director William Spier (Suspense, Sam Spade); author Dalton Trumbo (Johnny Got His Gun); Dorothy Lamour (guesting on Bob Hope Show & Jimmy Durante Show); writer Cornell Woolrich (Suspense, Screen Director’s Playhouse) and composer Alexander Courage (Broadway Is My Beat, Star Trek.)

Also we continue to introduce Christmas radio episodes to the mix.

9 Responses to “Dec. 4th to Dec. 10th, 2011 RadioClassics Show Schedule”

1. laci2ke says:

Shhh.

2. DaveS says:

I don’t get to listen to the show much (or get to read this blog very often) but I didn’t realize until a day or two ago that so many episodes of old classic shows (and so classic) are in the public domain! I’ve been downloading episodes of “Yours Truly, Johnny Dollar” Very Cool!

3. GregBell says:

This is Greg – sad to report one of our RadioClassics actors has passed away Harry Morgan (Colonel Potter on MASH and Bill Gannon on the 60s Dragnet TV Show) was 96 – on the channel he was the narrator of Mystery In The Air among other things.

• Bill says:

Was just going to report this to the site. Very sad but what a career he had. Looking forward to your radio tribute to him.

Bill

• samking73 says:

Bill Gannon is my favorite Joe Friday partner on TV Dragnet.
      My Dads good friend met and talked to Mr. Morgan back in the late seventies or early eighties, he told my Dad that Mr. Morgan was very kind and acted like an everyday person as apposed to some Hollywood bigshot.

4. DaHermit says:

Just curious, do you have, or can you get any of the Victor Borge Shows that ran on NBC in 1946. I read on Wikipedia that Mr. Borge got his start on radio on the Rudy Vallee Show and was later hired by Bing Crosby to perform on the Kraft Music Hall. I’ve always loved Mr. Borge’s type of comedy and I would love to hear these shows sometime in the future.

It is going to be a good week. Happy Birthday to Agnes Moorehead, Arch Obler, and Cornell Woolrich, all of my favorites.

A couple of years ago someone on the blog recommended the book “Fright” by Cornell Woolrich. I had a chance to purchase the book, and the blogger was right. It was truely a “nailbiter” to the very end. I thought I would continue to recommend the book to all of you who are true fans of suspense. It is worth the buy.

6. sorahl says:

Great picture with Mr. Corwin and I like the one of Cliff. I thought he looked so frail this year :( When will we get to hear the interviews you did at FOTR? I’m looking forward to hearing all of them!!!

John

• Bill says:

So am I John. I could have done without the topless shot of Dalton Trumbo, LOL. Now if you have any of……..No I’m not going to type it I’m not going to type it LOL.

Bill