John Dehner

First of all; some of you have had trouble finding the new Greg Bell Media Facebook page. Not sure why the search works for some but not others, but here is a direct link which should work for you http://www.facebook.com/GregBellMedia

This is Thanksgiving Week, and yes, we have lots of appropriately themed episodes, but that is not all! We have two different 2-hour birthday week tributes for John Dehner including new to the channel episodes from Suspense and The Whistler. We also mark the birthday of Howard Duff (Sam Spade, The Whistler); Boris Karloff (Lights Out); Frank Graham (Romance Of The Ranchos, Jeff Regan Investigator).

The Thanksgiving shows including new to the channel offerings from The Life Of Riley and Our Miss Brooks as well as holiday shows from Jack Benny, Phil Harris & Alice Faye, Father Knows Best, Sam Spade, Jeff Regan, Suspense, The Great Gildersleeve, Abbott & Costello, and more.

9 Responses to “Nov. 20th to Nov. 26th, 2011 RadioClassics Show Schedule (Thanksgiving)”

1. laci2ke says:

Greg, with the Holiday Season upon us, I sure hope you play the JTJD episode entitled The Nick Shurn Matter — it’s really a Christmas spirit episode, with a solid enough story line to boot, and it so captures the essence of the way “it used to be” in the good old days of entertainment before political correctness upset this lovely apple cart.

Thanks — looking forward to it!

2. Don Rutherford says:

I am very thankful for all the shows on Channel 82, but must admit I greatly prefer the comedies even though I enjoy all the genre’s presented on this great channel. While enjoying numerous XM channels, Channel 82 is THE reason I started with, and stay with, XM radio. Greg, thank you, and keep up the great work that you do!
    Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

Little Margaret O’Brien was just 11 years old when she performed “The Screaming Woman”. When I was that age I was lucky to remember my address!

To all who share my OTR enthusiasm, Happy Thanksgiving and good listening!

• Cora says:

Ms O’Brien showed a lot of poise and talent for her tender age. I never tire of “The Screaming Woman”, it holds up across the years as do All the Fibber and Molly’s, Box 13′s and YTJD’s. Happy Bird Day to all fellow listeners and Greg.

4. navywrslr says:

Thanks for all the great old time radio programs,hope you and your family have a safe and Happy Thanksgiving.I will be listening to OTR while driving this Thursday.

5. mandymarie20 says:

I’m so excited for the John Dehner birthday specials. Another wonderful radio talent. I’m so glad there is another Johnny Dollar marathon. The Silent Queen is another wonderful story-line.

Hoping for some wonderful Thanksgiving specials. I imagine the Jack Benny ones are fantastic.

• sevenshooter says:

I used to dislike John Dehner, he was generally typecast as a bad guy in movies and TV. Actually he was a good actor to be that convincing.

But I recently went to his bio on IMDB and saw all the talents he had. One of my favorite movies is “Scaramouche” where he played the expert swordsman who taught the novice Stewart Granger swordplay. He was actually an “expert” fencer in real life.

Now to hear him in so many different parts on radio, I have a great admiration for his acting. A truly great man of many talents.

Looks Like we have a lot to be Thankful for this week. 4 Hours of John Dehner, now that’s a plateful of good listening. Then Boris Karloff for Dessert. Great Line up Greg.

I just saw a very young (and lighter) Don Wilson as a college football announcer in the Movie “Navy Blue and Gold”. It’s very interesting to see radio stars on the big screen. And as Jack Benny would have probably said: The screen has to be big to get all of Wilson in it LOL.

Have a great Thanksgiving Everyone, especially you and your family Greg