Two top requests lead off this week; A two-hour “Man Of Steel Marathon” marking Superman star Clayton Bud Collyer’s birthday and to mark Bob Bailey’s birthday, a new to the channel this week Yours Truly, Johnny Dollar Marathon; The SIX PART “The Cranesburg Matter” from August of 1956. Yes, a rare six installment storyline which will run about 1 hour and 45 minutes.

Other highlights; we debut the joke swapping panel show, Can You Top This? hosted by Dennis James and featuring Peter Donald (best known for playing Ajax Cassidy on The Fred Allen Show). Other new to the channel episodes from Suspense, Jack Benny Program, The Weird Circle, The Falcon, and More.

Additional birthday tributes for Ona Munson (Suspense); Ben Morris (Dark Fantasy, Pat Novak For Hire); Basil Rathbone (Sherlock Holmes, Lux’s Phantom Of The Opera); Jack Albertson (Milton Berle Show); sic-fi writer Murray Leinster (The Lost Race, First Contact); Joe DeSantis (The Clock, The Chase); Larry Keating (announcer for This Is Your FBI); musician David Rose (The Red Skelton Show) and writer Stanley Niss (Gangbusters).

21 Responses to “June 12th to June 18th 2011 RadioClassics Show Schedule”

1. Suthoff says:

On the show dedicated to David Rose you read from “David Rose Productions” website. I’m not turning up an official website in my search. Could you share the link please?

2. Matthew says:

Enjoyed the YTJD Marathon. Good episode, better that any movie I’ve seen recently, that’s for sure. Keep them coming.

3. I Love the “Your’s Truly, Johnny Dollar”. Bob Baily is my favorite Johnny Dollar, He seems to have a bit of Humphrey Bogart talk, the way he says things. Thanks Greg for having these episodes.

4. ROB P. says:

A great week of show’s Greg.I can’t get enough of them.I’d like to hear more of Diamond though.The detective’s and western’s are my favorite’s.Keep up the great work!

5. banjo says:

Can’t get enough Jack Benny. Will the final act of the borrowed Oscar caper be played? I must know how it turns out.

Hi Jim in SD
    Thanks for your feedback on Gerald Mohr. Just wanted to let you know that I saw your response. What did you or anyone think of the Suspense episode called “Headshriker” ??? I was not expecting an ending like that. It made you think about it for a second, didn’t it.

7. MUSKRAT3209 says:

Hi Greg, can’t think you enough for all of the great programs, i really love the Y T J D keep them coming.

8. Michelle says:

Enjoying the programming today. Loved “Can You Top This?”!

I’ve searched thru the schedule for a couple weeks looking for The Third Man. Have I missed the end of it’s run? I only caught two or three but really enjoyed them.

Oh, and really enjoyed the Vincent Price birthday marathon, thanks for that!

Michelle

9. summitsjohn says:

I thought it was Bud Collier, not Collyer. Did I miss something along the way?

10. thefast1 says:

bajamigo is right, that’s not Dennis James. Who is it? WHY IT’S NONE OTHER THAN DURWARD KIRBY! Announcer for The Garry Moore Show. Greg, you should be ashamed for missing that one.

Thanks for the clarification. As a one person channel, I couldn’t do this without the help of all of you out there.

• Don says:

Durwood Kirby was not happy when Rocky and Bullwinkle had a story line about The Kirwood Derby, a magical hat that made the wearer the smartest person in the world. Kirby’s lawyers told Jay Ward to cease but Ward told them the show could use the publicity.

While I remember Garry Moore and Durwood Kirby, Kirby’s lasting fame comes from Rocky and Bullwinkle.

11. bajamigo says:

That ain’t Dennis James in the photo above for “Can You Top This?”

12. navywrslr says:

Great to see that SUPERMAN will be flying again;-)

Hi Sharon Dee

Happy Birthday (June 8). I had one a couple weeks ago. I did not find any of the radio stars that Greg pinned up on the website to match June 8.
    I enjoy hearing Gerald Mohr’s laugh. It is very distinct.

Greg,
    I could not find a birthdate for Joseph Jullian, it only gave the year. Was it listed in the OTR encyclopedia????

Finally the 6-parter….one of 3 unique YTJD story lines.

Keep the new ones coming