The week begins on Easter Sunday and so we bring back a comedy block featuring Easter themed episodes of Life With Luigi, The Great Gildersleeve and Baby Snooks & Daddy. I also have a new to the channel episode of The Jack Benny Program from Easter 1951 which finds the cast doing a hilarious parody of “Sunset Boulevard” – Jack is Joe Gillis, Mary Livingstone’s fictional sister Babe is Norma Desmond and in the Erich Von Stroheim role is Dennis Day with a very funny accent.

Birthday week tributes led by Vic Perrin; it’s a two hour special featuring my interview with his son George Perrin and episodes of Suspense, Fort Laramie and two from Gunsmoke. We also mark the birthday of Eve Arden with two hours of Our Miss Brooks. Specials for Lionel Barrymore (Mayor Of The Town), Ian Martin (Cloak & Dagger, Suspense) and Harry McNaughton (It’s Higgins, Sir) as well.

17 Responses to “April 24th to April 30th 2011 RadioClassics Show Schedule”

1. sevenshooter says:

Greg, everyone has a complaint on the schedule but take a look at the week of April 24th.

Just about everyone’s favorite is YTJD marathon, as is mine. For this week, it does NOT play between the hours of 6 AM to 8 PM during the week, except for the first Sunday then the final Saturday. I’m on CDT, so my hours are earlier. As of today, Friday, I have not caught it. So I must make sure to catch it early Saturday.

The top shows need to be played once or twice more. I know, who is to say which are the top shows? Guess there will have to be a “survey”, which is always inaccurate.

Just hoping to catch it Saturday. Thanks.

Greg,

Will you tell us on the blog site? We may miss an the commercial update during the week….

XM 164/Sirius 118 to Sirius/XM 82…hard to make it flow…..

They even moved Hair Nation

Well, it’s exactly half of 164! Or take 18 way from 118 and then take 18 again!

Not sure why, but I thought maybe doing a little math might help as I noodle through this as well.

Greg,

Let me ask a content provider question.

Once you have been issued the right to play an episode do you keep that right for a finite period of time, a number of broadcasts, or until they pull it back?

4. Matt Pelc says:

Greg, is it true Radio Classics will no longer be on 164?

Per this it is moving to 82?

Ugh, from this it looks like ALL my channels in “Favorites” are changing. It’s such an ordeal to change those on the Inno.

Greetings all. Jack Benny alert. 5PM est on TCM the much joked about movie “The Horn Blows at Midnight” will be on. Watch it or TVio it. It really is a funny movie.

6. laci2ke says:

Even though we hear the more frequent reruns of other YTJD episodes, Greg, I can fully understand why you’ve not played the one entitled, “The Salt City Matter”!

Gosh, even without the second missing stanza of the usual five, it’s quite grizzly with its pistol whippings and murders — not like the more cooler and calmer free-lance insurance investigator’s tales we’re used to listening to.

And, I bet its final expense account total of over $3,000 has to be the highest of ‘em all, including his $1,000 attorney’s fee to beat the framed murder rap!

I haven’t played that one for a very simple reason, our exclusive content provider has not supplied it to me. If they do, I’ll gladly share it with all of you.

As far as my limited resources tell me there are 60 episodes of Dr. Kildare out there.

I guess it is again in the hands of the content providers….

I have played all I have been supplied. Yes, I too have a database sheet with more episodes, but I have not received them. I am sorry. I will bring it back as soon as I can.

All I have to say is Eve Arden was a BABE. They don’t make em like that anymore.

GREG,

Do you have more episodes of Dr. Kildare or have we exhausted all that is available???

Happy Easter everyone!!!!

• Bill says:

I’m a bit worried too Lana. I think Dr Kildare is on vacation for awhile.

Happy Easter to you and all here also.