We begin the week with a tribute to Jane Russell, the lovely Hollywood actress passed away on February 28th at age 89. She’ll be featured in a Screen Director’s Playhouse version of her comedy-western motion picture; “The Paleface.” Then Russell shows up,along with Bing Crosby, on The Bob Hope Show. The third episode is a WWII era broadcast of Command Performance with Russell, Hope and June Allyson.

We bring back the kids program Tom Corbett, Space Cadet as well as present new to the channel episodes of The Dennis Day Show, An American Gallery (hosted by Bill Cosby with John Forsythe as Henry David Thoreau), Suspense, The Green Hornet, Vic & Sade, The Charlie McCarthy Show, Romance of the Ranchos, Dr. Kildare, Philip Marlowe and more.

Birthday week tributes for Lou Costello, Virginia Gregg, announcer Harlow Wilcox, Claire Trevor and Georgia Ellis.

6 Responses to “March 6th to March 12th, 2011 RadioClassics Show Schedule”

1. Lee says:

You bring back my youth. I now know why my father always had his “transistor” radio with him. I would bet money he followed Your’s truly, Johnny Dollar. Since I retired (for the second time) from truck driving you and your great program is now the sole reason I remain with satelite radio.Thanks.

Hey, Greg! Believe it or not, I still have that article on Lou I meant to mail you 3 years (!) ago. Sorry about that … I’m the biggest slob I know … I should be a candidate on “Hoarding: Buried Alive.”
    I’m happy to see you honoring Virginia Gregg. I always liked her. She even had a bit part on the first Columbo movie, “Prescription Murder,” which starred Gene Barry as a philandering psychiatrist, and Nina Foch as his long-suffering wife who becomes his victim. Miss Gregg played his office secretary. She was one of the original working women – she had a full-time job and yet she was happily married and the mother of 3 sons. You go, Girl!

Not only was it a suspenseful episode, it may remain an unsolved mystery. It could be possible that the names were changed in order to incorporate an unsolved missing person scenerio into the story as well as protecting the names of others.

I listened to the suspense show today ‘The Missing Person’ which was based on a true story of Joseph Ebner’s disapperance. Does anyone know if this is real name or a stage name used for the show or if anyone knows the real name of the missing person? I am assuming that this man was never found or did not want to be..

Best I can learn is that it was “based on fact” psuedo-documentary with the true names and places were changed. Love to know if there ever was a true resolution.

5. Della16 says:

I am so glad that you put the period photos on. I really enjoy seeing what they looked like while doing the shows.