Sep 292010

Hey folks – the schedule is ready and if you don’t already have it just click to see Full Story & Pictures and then this link; ShowSchedules

Here’s what’s coming up; a new Yours Truly, Johnny Dollar Marathon (The Picture Postcard Matter from October 1956); two different Lux Radio Theatre episodes – The Stratton Story to honor June Allyson and Mr. & Mrs. Smith in honor of Carole Lombard.

Additional birthday week tributes for Damon Runyon, announcer Fred Collins (X Minus One, The Chase); composer Mel Dinelli (Suspense, Philip Marlowe); announcer Don Rickles (Nightbeat, The Whisperer, and no, not the insult comedian); Andy Devine and composer Walter Schumann (Dragnet, Dr. Kildare).

Other new offerings from Romance of the Ranchos, Bergen & McCarthy, Nick Carter, Lum & Abner, The Weird, Circle, Gangbusters and more.

7 Responses to “Oct. 3rd to Oct. 9th Radio Classics Shows”

1. mabailey99 says:

I just love your show Greg, the comedies are my favorites but I easily get sucked into a good mystery and western! Thanks. I love plugging in my xm portable to my Grandma’s old Hi-Fi to listen to them from a nostalgic sound! It makes me forget my worries and these days there are many!! So thanks again for making us forget for a while and listen to some good old fashioned entertainment!!

I enjoy the pictures. If it is know; can the origin or dates or circumstances be provided on occasion?

Did everyone catch the Rogue’s Gallery with Dick “Mush-mouth’ Powell a few weeks ago? I rather enjoy the occasional flubs with actors that can ‘roll’ with it.

know=known…..I hate when I do that

• barrington2010 says:

Yes, I caught his flub. I was surprised they didn’t re-record that (I don’t believe that show aired live.) That said, the technology back then was probably rather challenging to make such edits … or, maybe everyone looked at it as more like live theater than a way to be perfect. (Anyway, kind of refreshing, too, to think that back then there was no such thing as reruns, so it airs once like that and that’s that … no worries.)

3. JimInSanDiego says:

I was happy to contribute one of this week’s photos [showing
    Marilyn Monroe with Jack Benny and Eddie 'Rochester'
    Anderson].

You can see the larger version by clicking on the thumbnail.
    Rochester is stealing the scene, as Jack pretends to be
    annoyed with him, and Miss Monroe wears a wry expression.

4. mandymarie20 says:

Some great choices this week. Gotta love the Johnny Dollar. Thanks Greg!

I am hoping we will not have any glitches as we had last Sunday. I am looking forward as always to the new schedule. I see one of my favorites again, Dr Kildare. YES keep them coming. I like Mr&Mrs North also..

Wish to hear more of Box 13, Richard Diamond, Rogues Gallery too.