If you haven’t grabbed the new schedule click to see Full Story & Pictures and then this link; ShowSchedules

Hey folks, a new to the channel Yours Truly, Johnny Dollar Marathon is being featured, and it will be followed by Norman Corwin’s powerful script, They Fly Through The Air With The Greatest of Ease as presented on The Columbia Workshop.

We have some historical episodes from An American Gallery, Romance of the Ranchos and The Weird Circle.

Beauty & The Beast will be presented on the children’s series, Let’s Pretend.

And birthday week tributes to announcers, Kenny Delmar & Jimmy Wallington plus actors Edmond O’Brien, and Peter Lawford, actress Anne Seymour and writer O. Henry.

7 Responses to “Sept. 5th to Sept. 11th. RadioClassics Channel Shows”

1. powelcrosley says:

Just an observation on “The Man Without A Country” – GB’s comments after the program indicate that this is a “true story”. In fact, Phillip Nolan was a real person, but the events in the story are pure fiction. Hale wrote the story to drum up opposition to the Confederacy. There was, of course, absolutely no effort on the part of the producers of An American Gallery to point out that their program was based on a short story, not on actual historical events.

YEAH!!! YEAH!!! YEAH!!!! It’s official — EA is on next week. Greg said it would be but, having worked in the news business for 31 years, I didn’t believe it until I saw it, which I just did. Now if I can get the radio to work, I’ll get to hear it even though I’ve heard it a gazillion times AND I have the book. I’ll consider it a birthday present even though my birthday actually is 9/11.
    Hey, Greg — any word on getting CBS Radio Mystery Theatre? How about “The Lone Ranger” and “Sgt. Preston of the Yukon”? Gotta go …. Later, my Radio Gators! :-)

Greetings all, yesterday was my birthday and one of my gifts was a Special Edition Commemortive Box set of The African Queen. This set is packed with a behind the sceans making of the movie. A reproduction of Katharine Hepburs’s out of print published of the films on location production, an exclusive, collectible Senitype with 4 film frames depicting the original Technicolorprocess utilized in the film, but the best of all is a CD of Lux (yes the soap that all the beautiful stars use) radio broadcast starring Humphrey Bogart and Greer Carson playing Hepburn’s part. I can’t wait to listen to it. I have to say it was one of my better gifts. I am about to put the movie on now while I re-coup from my party last night.

Until we meet again I wish you all “Good Listening”

Bill from NY

• MISSGBMOO says:

Happy Birthday, Bill! Hope it was a happy one. My Dad usually gives me some ca$h so I may spend part of it on either “Our Miss Brooks” or where ever I can find a decent copy of “Earth Abides” (I have a copy but the very end didn’t record so the CD just stops).

• Bill says:

Thanks Miss, it was great. I always enjoy riding around listening to AB in the car or just sitting in my backyard with my headphones on and a drink in my hand. It will be interesting to see how Greg intro’s it. I am coming back from Delaware on Sunday from a Member/Guest Golf Tourney and was hopeing it would be on on my trip Home :( We have to wait until Tuesday.But I have the week off so it’s not that bad. Some people must think were nuts the way we go on about that radio program, LOL. Take care everyone, I am off for a great golf weekend, but I will have my Droid with me to keep up on the Blogs.

FOUR.

Bill from NY

4. georgey says:

Just heard a commercial for the Mid Atlantic Nostalgia Convention. I went there last year and it was great. WHy is Greg Bell not a guest? He was not mentioned in the commercial. I have been to Friends of Old Time Radio, Cincinnati OTR, Reps and Sperdvac and none are as large as Mid Atlantic Nostalgia Convention. It would seem the ‘in’ place for Greg Bell and Radio Classics to make an appearance.

• Bill says:

Come on Greg, Organize a OTR get together. trust me, many would come and NO it does not have to be in NYC. maybe we could schedule a OTR golf outing at the same time. Again just a thought. It would be great to hear your OTR stories and maybe you could get a guest or 2 to attend.

We love ya Greg