As usual, if you haven’t grabbed the new schedule click to see Full Story & Pictures and then this link; ShowSchedules

NOTE: You can go directly to that link as early as Monday to get the schedule earlier. It is usually added there on Monday or Tuesday.

Okay, thank you for your patience (well most of you) as we tinkered a little with the website and blog. All should be back to normal now with a return of pictures.

This week we have some great birthday tributes to Mae West; Maureen O’Hara (90 years old on the 17th!); Marie Wilson (My Friend Irma); Fran Striker (The Green Hornet), Billy Idelson (Rush on Vic & Sade) and Alan Reed (voice of Fred Flintstone)

The two hour Alan Reed special should be great, try to catch it, we have him in a dramatic role on Philip Marlowe, The evil Odar in CBS Radio Workshop’s “A Pride of Carrots”, Pascuale on Life with Luigi and then as Allen’s Alley poet – Falstaff Openshaw on The Fred Allen Show.

Among the new to the channel offerings this week – I Was A Communist For The FBI, Lum & Abner, Vic & Sade, Dr. Kildare, Inheritance, Romance of the Ranchos, Gangbusters and many more.

10 Responses to “Aug. 15th to Aug. 21st 2010 RadioClassics Channel Shows”

Listened to the Green Hornet while driving to work this morning and had to laugh when a character was asked to identify the gunman and the reply was “Yes, it is he!”

Grammatically correct OTR.

Everyone on vacation this week?

I love Conrad….I just couldn’t put that voice with Jake of Jake and the Fat Man…

3. Matt Pelc says:

I loved the William Conrad marathon–well the first half hour before I fell asleep, let’s just say I loved the idea and will catch it again later this week.

Anyway I was wondering if Mr. Conrad and the other legendary voice on 164 (and 118) ever worked together on radio or later on in their careers. Did he ever work with Orson Welles? If so, that is a must hear program!

• Lana says:

I can’t blame you for falling asleep. His voice does the same for me. Pretty much monotone, ya know.

• Matt Pelc says:

No I fell asleep because the block of programming started at midnight my time. Monotone or not, if I hear William Conrad on the station, I stop what I am doing to listen!

4. shir_hixson says:

Found the “Radio Classics” page on Facebook. I see that in past weeks there has been a mixed reaction to Facebook but it would be nice to be able to see everyone’s comments come across my BlackBerry and I could comment back in real time. I like the blog but can only read through it if I have time to log onto my laptop. Anyway, still enjoying the channel–like it more and more as time goes on. Thanks for all your work Greg! So many people enjoy tuning into these shows. I wonder if there would be any interest in creating new ones?

5. hanemen3 says:

Greg, I love listening to the old radio programs especially on my hour-plus drive to and from work. Have you ever thought of playing a block that covered the shows on a particular station on a given day? For example, the Monday night (or afternoon) line-up on CBS. I think it would be interesting to hear what a day was like back then.
    Thanks for “listening”.