If you haven’t already grabbed the schedule for this week – click on the Full Story & Pictures link below and then this link; ShowSchedules

Big week for celebrity birthdays as we’ll have specials for funny folks – Lucille Ball & Stan Freberg; big screen leading men – Robert Taylor & Robert Mitchum; and busy dramatic radio stars – Wally Maher, Parley Baer and Larry Haines.

Once again lots of new to the channel offerings including a Louis Armstrong tribute “Satchmo” as presented on An American Gallery hosted by Bing Crosby. We debut the series Inheritance from 1954-55 with Howard Culver as legendary 19th century mountain man, Hugh Glass. Romance of the Ranchos returns as does Lum & Abner, The Big Story, Meet Mr. McNutley, The Sealed Book, The Saint and more.

After a week off, Bob Bailey is back in a Yours Truly, Johnny Dollar Marathon – The Alder Matter from 54 years ago (August of 1956)

20 Responses to “Aug. 1st to Aug. 7th 2010 Radio Classics Shows”

1. jilly says:

July’s Dr Kildare episode was totally worth listening to, just to hear Lionel Barrymore’s inimitable voice intone “I want a DOLL that WETS her PANTS!!”

Thanks!

2. shir_hixson says:

I got such a chuckle out of the 5/2/52 episode of “Tales of the Texas Rangers” where (I think it was) the sherrif said with disgust, “There ought to be a law against women wearing pants!” Was having a really stressful morning at work and was a welcome relief–and set my day on a much more pleasant path…

3. Ray Faiola says:

Greg, nice tribute this week to Wally Maher. It would be swell if sometime you could post recordings (if made) of your interviews with Wally Maher Jr., Peggy Webber, et al.

I do check that website for the schedule. I did receive next weeks schedule about an hour ago. Thanks. In the previous weeks I usually get them on Tuesday before noon, but I never was able to get them on a MONDAY.

And there it is…the new schedule….ah, the relief….

What a stacked schedule….Thanks Greg

6. laci2ke says:

Hi, Greg – thank you for all the fascinating historical color. On the Mexican wandering nostalgia — just a quick reminder that the south-of-the-border agricultural guest-worker is ‘bracero’, pronounced with a soft ‘c’ like “bra’sero”, and not with a hard ‘c’, like in ‘cabriolet’.

Great new finds — thanks!

I have the Inno radio. I record all the shows that I want for the week. That is why I wish the scedule was ready on Monday or early Tuesday morning so that I could plan my recording sooner.

I have XM in the car but I usually cannot listen to an entire episode. The Inno is my true companion. I listen to it while I am cleaning the house, lawnmowing, and before I go to bed at night. Sometimes I fall asleep with the headphones still in my ears.

I can take an aux cable and connect it from my inno to my Bose radio when I want to listen to it out loud. Getting a strong signal can be tough so I record my shows in the same place by the window. After that, I can play them whenever and whereever.

The schedules are ready early…keep checking the schedule page. Sometimes I have found the following week on Monday…..

Mike is right! I post them usually on Monday afternoon or Tuesday morning.

Too many folks wait for the blog entry, which I can’t really post until Thursday or so. That’s why I begin pretty much every post with the sentence;
        “If you haven’t already grabbed the schedule for this week.”

Just check at http://gregbellmedia.com/ShowSchedules.html

Bummer…I just got home and saw your post Greg….

I thought…YES, THE NEW SCHEDULE!!!!!!!!!!!!

but no not yet…..I know it will be there later….

Back to work….yes, I work from home too….the wife thinks I am looking up vacation places on the web….ssshhhhh

8. mandymarie20 says:

Loving the Johnny Dollar marathon! How’d you know I needed a pick me up, Greg?

Best Wishes,
    Amanda

9. Matt Pelc says:

I was just curious what radio(s) everyone listens to 118/164 on, and other sat rad programming on? Do you have more than one radio?

I have just one, my third child, my Inno. Goes almost everywhere I go. My bedroom, home office, car, for runs and walks and on vacation. I used to have a SkiFi and SkiFi2 before turning to the Inno.

I have the new XMp3i

• TLones1480 says:

Wife uses an older SkyFi. I have a SkyFi2

I had a SkyFI2 for 6 years….it is a good radio. I do like being able to record now. I hear so much more….

I do love the back story info on the Shadow during the SHadow special…..

• mm3125 says:

I have a Stiletto. I record all of the shows Sat, Sun and Monday nights and early morning and listen all week long. If there is something I have heard or don’t care for, I just fast forward. I listen via headphones, but wouldn’t mind a way to listen “out loud” too.

• Tampa Bay Tom says:

I have two. Sirius Sporster 2 and an XM Delphi Xpress. They are far from new, but still work, at home, and in the car.

• shir_hixson says:

I use the XMp3i at home and work, pulling in XM. My car came with Sirius installed so I use that when driving…

Greg,

A big thanks for putting Dr. Kildare in your schedule along with a Richard Diamond episode now and then. Still enjoy the thrilling stories too such as Suspense, Whistler, Hermit’s Cave, Unexpected etc…… Oh, I saw next week has Box 13. Love that one too.

11. WJMONY says:

In her day Lucille Ball was one of the most beautiful women to ever grace the theathers. I look forward to her birthday celebration. I hope you had a great vacation with your family. Oh, what is your HDCP in Golf. Mine is a 19. Used to be better but work got in the way LOL.

It’s August so I know that “Earth Abides” will be coming up at the end of this month. Just finished reading the book again for the 3rd time.

Have a great week.